!!! UPDATE 2014-10-15 !!!
If you're already using our API and the proxy.php we provide and it suddenly stopped working, please see here for a fix
We offer an HTTPS REST service that anybody can use to check texts with LanguageTool. When using it, please keep the following rules in mind:
- Please do not send automated requests. For that, set up your own instance of LanguageTool, which is very easy.
- Access is currently limited to 20 requests per IP per minute.
- The maximum text size is limited (currently to 50KB).
- Only HTTPS is supported, not HTTP.
- This is a free service, thus there are no guarantees about performance or availability.
- The LanguageTool version installed may be the latest official release or some snapshot. We will simply deploy new versions, thus the behavior might change without any warning.
The service is running at languagetool.org port 8081, so you can test it like this:
If you're not just testing you should use POST to transfer your data. You can test it like this, using curl:
curl --data "language=en-US&text=my texd" https://languagetool.org:8081
Note that the text needs to be URL-encoded, even for POST requests. LanguageTool only supports plain text, please don't submit XML, HTML, or any other format.
Please see HTTP server for information about the parameters you can supply.