This page is about good editors useful for editing XML rules. There are many excellent free text editors available for all operating systems, but for the time being we will focus on PSPad, which is available for the Windows platform only. Information on other editors might be added over time.
PSPad is a highly configurable editor that can be used for plain text and all kinds of source code, including XML. Its many features include:
- a tabbed multi-document interface,
- configurable syntax highlighting,
- code completion,
- syntax-aware spell checking,
- scripting in all languages supported by the Windows Scripting Host (WSH),
- ability to run and capture the output of command line tools, etc.